[Tlhingan-hol] Hellraiser Bloodline

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Apr 18 09:45:41 PDT 2016

On 4/18/2016 12:33 PM, lojmIttI'wI'nuv wrote:
> Basically, many Klingon speakers, especially Okrand, forget the prefix
> {lu-} in many settings, and he pushed out what is, for our very limited
> canon overall, a LOT of canon where he forgot to use {lutu’lu’}.

Or never intended it in the first place. The explanation of {tu'lu'} in
TKD is vague enough to leave open the possibility that Klingons use it
as a fixed phrase.

> Wave your finger at him for not getting it right, and he waves his
> finger back, pointing out that his way is ALWAYS the right way.

At the risk of sounding pedantic, an accusation flung in my direction
many times on this list, I'll say that it's usually someone on this list
who makes this claim. I don't think I've ever heard Okrand claim that
everything he says in or about Klingon is correct. Quite the opposite:
sometimes, like in paq'batlh, he admits he may have made mistakes that
have nothing to do with reflecting the way Klingons speak.

http://www.trimboli.name/