[Tlhingan-hol] Ten Commandments in Klingon

Dillon, Kyle kyledi at spu.edu
Sat Apr 16 07:41:55 PDT 2016

Please correct me if you see any errors below, or if there may be a better way to translate them:

joH’a’ QunlI’ jIH ‘ejIpt puHvo’ toy’wI’’a’pu’ tuqvo’je qaqemta’bogh. tlhopwIjDaq latlh Qunpu’ tIghajQo’.
I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me. (Exodus 20:2-3)

SoHvaD nagh mIlloghmey tIgItlhQo'.
You shall not make for yourself graven images. (Exodus 20:4)

joH’a’ QunlI’ pong yIrammoHQo’.
You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. (Exodus 20:7)

jaj SochDIch yIqaw Dale’qu’moHmeH.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. (Exodus 20:8)

vavlI’ SoSlI’je tIquvmoH.
Honor your father and your mother. (Exodus 20:12)

yIchotQo’.
You shall not murder. (Exodus 20:13)

tlhoghlIj yImaghQo’.
You shall not commit adultery. (Exodus 20:14)

yINIHQo’.
You shall not steal. (Exodus 20:15)

mu’mey ngeb tIjatlhQo’ jIllI’ lubopbogh.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. (Exodus 20:16)

yIghalQo’.
You shall not covet. (Exodus 20:17)

-qayl
Sent from my iPad