[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: -Daq, and pronouns with -taH

chransberry at gmail.com chransberry at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 07:18:21 PDT 2016

I am a little confused on the matter of the interaction between -Daq and
pronouns with -taH.

I think, from responses to my sentence exercises, that {Saj nujDaq bIHtaH}
is preferred over {Saj nujDaq bIH}. So I would say {DujDaq jIHtaH} and
{HuDDaq chaHtaH} etc. That's easy enough.

The confusion comes from a sentence I learned before I even joined the list,
and a subject line soon after. They weren't confusing then, but now in light
of this -taH rule I'm a bit confused. The sentences were {nuqDaq 'oH
puchpa''e'?} and {nuqDaq ghaH 'arHa'e'?}

So which is correct:
{nuqDaq SoH?}
or
{nuqDaq SoHtaH?}