[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon wiki impressions

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 01:33:32 PDT 2016

SIbI' ghe'''orDaq jaHchu'pu'DI' jaj mu' mu'tlhegh ghItlhmeH mIwwIj,
DujwIj vISo'pu'.
as soon as my wriing sentences with the word of the day went straight
to hell, I cloaked my vessel.

'ej buq'IrwIjDaq chIchHa' jIyIttaHvIS, jIghel'egh.. DaH, chay' jIvang ?
and while I was wandering without a purpose in my cube, I asked my
self.. now what do I do ?

..so I decided to concern myself with something I had been postponing
months ; the study of the klingon wiki.

vIHaDta'DI' vItlhloj :

1. When you're a beginner, inevitably you'll ask yourself : Is there
grammar I'm missing, and if yes, then how do I fix this ? At least,
that is what I've been asking myself since I came here...
    The Klingon wiki, is *the* answer to this problem. Reading it, I
realized that everything we discussed here, is written there too. From
the prefix trick and multiple 'e' in a SAO, to {meH}ed nouns, verbs of
movement and whatever else.

2. I was overjoyed to learn that we could consider the adverb-verb
combination as a "construction of its own", therefore being able by
placing the {-qu'} on the verb to give the superlative of the adverb
(maximum speed example).

3. It made me happy too, to see that aside from the law' puS
construction, we can compare things in another way too, by the use of
{-qu} (my ship travels fast, your ship travels faster).

4. I was pissed when I read the use of {-Daq} with regards of
expressing the "going to a place", because it contradicted the use of
the prefixes for that same reason.

5. ..but luckily then, I read Qov's rant on the verbs of movement and
realized what was happening.

Anyway, I believe the klingon wiki has a lot to offer, to anyone who
seriously wants to learn the language.

mop Hurgh qunnoq
eat everything or you'll die without honor