[Tlhingan-hol] KLCP 1 vocab practice...

chransberry at gmail.com chransberry at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:22:38 PDT 2016

I'll try to pay more attention to my prefixes this time! (Also, could someone please answer my questions from yesterday?)

tlhoj, tlhej, yoH, taQ

(I hope Arnold Lobel won't sue me... And yeah, I don't follow the word list very closely)
—-—-—

*Toad*vaD jatlh *Frog*: "wIyoH 'e' vISIv."
Frog said to Toad, "I wonder if we are brave."

toDujchaj tobmeH HuD toS *Frog* 'ej tlhej *Toad*.
In order to prove their courage, Frog climbed a mountain and Toad accompanied him.

ghargh'a', pumbogh naghmey, toQ je tu'.
They found a snake, falling rocks, and a predatory bird.

jach chaH: "nughIjbe'!"
They screamed, "it doesn't scare us!"

nom HuD ghIr 'ej juHDaq qet.
They quickly descended the mountain and ran home.

QongDaqDaq ratlh *Toad* 'ej wep pa'HomDaq ratlh *Frog*.
Toad stayed in bed, and Frog stayed in the closet (little room of coats).

ja'chuq: "jupwI' yoH SoHmo' jIQuch."
They said to each other: "because you are my brave friend, I am happy."

taQ chaH 'e' vIQub.
I think they are weird.

'ach tlhojbe' chaH.
But they don't realize (it).