[Tlhingan-hol] thIngan Hol yejHaD Degh qun

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 02:40:10 PDT 2015

On 31 October 2015 at 09:15, qunnoQ HoD <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Qo’.  tlhIngan Hol’e’ bopbe’. tlhIngan Hol yejHaD Degh neH bop.  yImugh
> SoH ‘ej bIQaghchugh nIQaH latlhpu’
> no. this does not concern the klingon language. it concerns the KLI
> symbol. you must translate it,and if you make mistakes they will help you
> another one (?).

In {nIQaH latlhpu'}, the subject of {nIQaH} is {latlhpu'}.

> > jIjanglaH HolQeD veywIj vInuD.
> to be able to reply i examined and farmed my HolQeD package (?!?!?!) (i
> laughed so hard that tears came out of my eyes..)

{-wIj} is a suffix here, not the verb {wIj}.

> > tera’ DIS wa’SaD Hutvatlh HutmaH jav qep’a’Daq Degh chu’ ‘ang ‘angghal.
> earth years one thousand nine hundred nine ten (i guess 1990) at the sixth
> qep'a' the new symbol was newly jealously revealed

{'angghal} is a name. It's the Klingon name of Lawrence Schoen, KLI
director.

> > qep’a’ jeyDaq Degh Deq lo’lu’, vaj qaStaHvIS qep’a’ much SeQ ta’law’
> ‘angghal.
> at that qep'a the prior symbol was defeated, so it was occuring to happen
> at the qep'a' formal presentation by many was accomplished to be jealously
> revealed (i feel like an idiot)

{jey} is a noun, not the verb {jey}.

Don't feel like an idiot. Nobody told you that {'angghal} is a name, and
your attempts to parse it as a word are misleading you.

> > chaq ngugh maHvaD Degh cha’bogh HumwI’mey lunoblu’ je.
> perhaps at that time for us the symbol which was displayed was made sticky
> they gave it also

{HumwI'} = sticker

> > QonoSwIj tIQDaq Deghmey Sar lulo’pu’bogh vImuch.
> my journal one of the various ancient symbols which they used and they
> presented

{tIQ} applies to {QonoS} not to {Degh} here. The journal Qov is referring
to is her blog.