[Tlhingan-hol] On the history of KLI

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Oct 30 10:13:35 PDT 2015

On 10/30/2015 12:23 PM, qunnoQ HoD wrote:
> has any of the founding members of KLI created vocabulary and/or
> grammar,which is considered canon ?

A couple of times a word was mistakenly thought by someone to be a
canonical word, which Okrand later made official.

There were also some "Friends of Maltz" awards some years ago, in which
certain people were given the chance to ask Maltz for words they wanted.

But in no case has someone other than Okrand simply declared that
such-and-such is a canonical word, and it got put on an "official"
word-list.

> with regards to the KLI logo/emblem. (the spiked wheel,with the three
> blades within it..)
>
> who designed it ?
> how long has it been the logo of KLI ?
> has Okrand had anything to do with its creation ?

I don't remember what year that became the logo or who designed it, but
it was pretty early on (1990s). Lawrence wanted a logo that wasn't the
intellectual property of Paramount/Viacom, but which evoked the Klingon
trefoil. Okrand had nothing to do with it so far as I'm aware.

http://trimboli.name