[Tlhingan-hol] new words qepHom 2015 (was Re: Underwater work and diving

Rohan Fenwick qeslagh at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 30 07:52:31 PDT 2015

ghItlhpu' qurgh, jatlh:
> They should all be on the KLI's New Word list now: http://www.kli.org/about-klingon/new-klingon-words/date/

maj. tlho', qurgh.

I confess I'm particularly thrilled to see the nouns {Su'nIm} and {vem}. The ideas of traces, tracks, spoor, or trails - in fact, virtually any type of evidence of an object's prior presence in a place - have been a lexical gap for which straightforward renditions have generally stymied me for some years. Fingerprints, footprints, tyre tracks, even ion trails. In fact, I remember specifically raising them at the wishlist session at qep'a' 2011, my first qep'a'. So in a sense, I feel these are almost like Maltz granting my own specific wish. I feel like a kid at Christmas. :D

The phonological form of the word {vem} also gives us the possibility of the rhyming construction {bem vem} for "footprint", which I think is kind of poetic.

QeS 'utlh