[Tlhingan-hol] News from Maltz: Chemistry

Rohan Fenwick qeslagh at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 28 22:19:25 PDT 2015

jIghItlhpu', jIjatlh:
> SKI: Despite having formally finished two years ago, QeS can't stop
> himself revising The Rime of the Ancient Mariner in the light of new
> vocabulary from Maltz.

mujang Russ, jatlh:
> Hmm, any chance that will ever be offered in print?

I certainly hope so. I've already spoken with Lawrence about it on a couple of occasions, and in fact we've further mooted the idea of doing it as an audiobook as well: since it's rhyming poetry (and the rhyme and meter have been conserved in the Klingon rendition), an audiobook could well present the Klingon poetry in its most effective form.

Unfortunately, the KLI isn't in a position to pump out books rapidly, particularly since there are logistical (both legal and otherwise) issues at play in publishing Klingon books, and the core of people who have the ability to put the ducks in a row for that is quite small, not to mention that we've all got day jobs as well. But suffice it to say that I'm keen as mustard to see it published. Not only because I'm quite proud of it (though I did have expert assistance throughout from the inestimable Qov), but also because I'm eager to see and contribute to further development of a larger, more varied corpus of written Klingon material. Shakespeare is brilliant, but it's not to everyone's reading taste.

QeS 'utlh