[Tlhingan-hol] News from Maltz: Chemistry

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 21:49:39 PDT 2015

{yugh} looks it'll be a very useful word -- is its use limited to
chemistry, or could it apply in cases like {nagh yugh Hew} "The statue
is made of stone" or even {tlhInganpu' neH yugh tIjwI'ghom} "The
boarding party is made up of only Klingons"?

Another pun: {Sorpuq} backwards and transliterated is "kupros". From
Wiktionary, on the etymology of "copper": From Middle English coper,
from Old English coper, copor ‎(“copper”), from Late Latin cuprum
‎(“copper”), contraction of Latin (aes) Cyprium ‎(literally “brass of
Cyprus”), from Ancient Greek Κύπρος ‎(Kúpros, “Cyprus”).

{ngIDvoS} backwards sounds vaguely like "soft thing" in English, and
lead is a soft metal, but I'm not so sure about that one.