[Tlhingan-hol] A question on aspect

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sun Oct 25 13:14:41 PDT 2015

Am 25.10.2015 um 20:43 schrieb qunnoQ HoD:
>  > (It's as wrong as "I'm killinged him")
>
> ok,i understand now that it is wrong,and i certainly will not use it ;
> but out of curiosity.. if someone fluent in Klingon heard this (the
> {nughoStaHpu'} or {nughoSpu'taH}) do you think he would understand what
> i would be trying to say ?

No, he would not. A fluent speaker will hear that it is wrong, and even
when analyzing the words, will not know whether the action is ongoing or
finished, because you've used to syllables. A different example in
english is like saying "my car is big small". It won't work.

You have to remember that you cannot combine the syllables because you
can do so in English. The word *nughoStaHpu'* does not mean "it is over
that is continously coming to us". In Klingon it's either over, or it's
still going on. Not both.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh