[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghoD

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Oct 21 18:19:37 PDT 2015

On 10/21/2015 12:49 AM, Anthony Appleyard wrote:

>         {wIlegh tlhInganpu'} :: we Klingons see:: Latin [Tlingani videmus]

Klingon has no way to say something like "we Klingons." The subject and
verb prefix (and object) must agree. Some people try to do what you've
done, but there's nothing to indicate it's allowed.

tlhIngan maH; malegh
we are Klingons; we see

>         {tlhInganpu' wIlegh_lu'_} :: one sees us Klingons / we Klingons
>         are seen :: Latin [Tlingani videmu_r_]

tlhIngan maH; wIleghlu'
we are Klingons; we are seen

http://www.trimboli.name/