[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghoD

Anthony Appleyard a.appleyard at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 20 21:49:07 PDT 2015

Uhh sorry, oops:
{wIlegh tlhInganpu'} :: we Klingons see :: Latin [Tlingani videmus]
{tlhInganpu' wIleghlu'} :: one sees us Klingons / we Klingons are seen :: Latin [Tlingani videmur]
This "impersonal" looks somewhat like a Latin passive in verb suffix use, but like an impersonal in the word order.
vide = legh, mus = wI, r = lu'
Common Celtic as in Gaulish inscriptions has many features like as in Latin, but it uses the verb -r suffix as a pure impersonal.