[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: veSDuj

Michael Roney, Jr. nahqun at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 04:24:51 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 10:39 PM, Alan Anderson <qunchuy at alcaco.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Lieven <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:
> > You cannot drive in a parkway, but you park
> > in the driveway.
>
> This is a tangent, but it's a linguistic one. In most of the
> English-speaking world, a parkway is a class of road. Usually they're
> associated with nice landscaping, but the term also sometimes refers
> to more unremarkable limited-access highways. I assume that Lieven is
> thinking of what would be called a "greenway" or perhaps a "linear
> park" in North America.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

Continuing the tangent, I thought a parkway was just another street name
ending, like road, street, avenue, lane, trail, circle, drive, way, ...
I have never heard of a greenway or a linear park.
Without context, I'd assume a greenway was a patch of grass in a city.
Possibly with a bench.
The same goes for linear park.

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.