[Tlhingan-hol] Upper case letters

Brent Kesler brent.of.all.people at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 08:20:09 PDT 2015

I don't think Okrand's choices are random; I think they're rooted in
various methods of phonetic transcription.
- S and D are both retroflex.
- I actually have a Webster's dictionary printed before TKD that uses H in
its transcription of "Bach".
- I (capital i) looks like the IPA symbol for that vowel.
- I have no theory for Q.

bI'reng