[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: multiple locatives

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sun Nov 22 18:13:29 PST 2015

On 11/22/2015 8:33 PM, fata irae wrote:
> Thanks 'arHa.  I was specifically wondering if there was an issue with
> specifying multiple non-objects in the sentence header, since all the
> examples I could find were singletons.  The only alternative I could
> think of was to connect them with 'ej, as De'vID was saying: {pa'vo'
> pa'Daq je vIHtaH qa'}.

One example is {naDevvo' vaS'a'Daq majaHlaH'a'} "Can we get to the Great
Hall from here?" Although this has the complication of being somewhat
outdated by the later information that with the verb of motion {jaH},
the target of motion is the object of the verb.

The only problem with {pa'vo' pa'Daq vIHtaH qa'} is that we don't know
which {pa'} we're talking about: "thereabouts" or "room."

I suspect that you only need a conjunction between type 5 suffixed nouns
of like kind, e.g. {DujDaq yuQDaq je jol Saqghommey}.

http://www.trimboli.name/