[Tlhingan-hol] {-moH}

chransberry@gmail.com chransberry at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 17:15:50 PST 2015

This is a very interesting discussion, but I don't understand what all the confusion is about. If a causative suffix is added to a transitive verb, then of course there are two objects! There's the one being acted on, and the one being caused to act. And if they both appear in the same sentence, one has to distinguish between them somehow. Just throwing both into the object place would jam up the sentence. So one needs to be marked, in whatever way makes sense in the context; as a beneficiary or whatever. It's a matter of practicality, not syntax. How is this a problem?

-QISta'