[Tlhingan-hol] New Klingon Words tool

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Nov 18 11:52:52 PST 2015

On 11/18/2015 2:16 PM, Will Martin wrote:
> Dojqu’.

choquvmoH.

> I wonder if you could modify it to replace the glottal stop during
> import with a character that didn’t trigger the problems you note, and
> if you could introduce that replacement character for any searches
> involving the glottal stop.

Sure, I could do that, but that would require the user to type that
character during searches instead of the apostrophe. This is a
command-line tool, and the command line has its own parsing rules. It
doesn't have a problem importing or returning apostrophes. It thinks
you're entering a string.

Just put the Klingon word in double quotes every time and you'll be safe.

This problem doesn't happen with the GUI command, since you don't filter
on a command line.

http://trimboli.name