[Tlhingan-hol] Qun qa'

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 16:37:10 PST 2015

On 17 November 2015 at 20:06, Steven Boozer <sboozer at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> choyajHa'.  I'm not wondering whether the line should be:
>
>   *Hevetlh wIghoSchugh veH tIn wI'el maH'e' je
>
> But rather:
>
>   Hevetlh wIghoSchugh veH tIn wI'el maH je
>
> {-'e'} and {je} do sound alike.  Has the line been verified from a script, or is this a transcription of what someone (probably me) thought the actor said?

It's written as {maH'e'} (no {je}) in Marc Okrand's notes on the
movie, printed in HolQeD 8:4.

It also matches what I have in my transcript, which I made (years ago)
by listening to the movie. Zrajm checked my transcript when I sent it
to him against the movie itself:
http://klingonska.org/canon/1989-06-09-st5.txt

So it's very likely right, unless someone wants to quadruple-check...