[Tlhingan-hol] Heghmey

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Tue Nov 17 08:07:13 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Michael Roney, Jr. <nahqun at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking that "cat" was the object of "die" with an unknown subject.

Nope. "Cat" is the *subject* of "die", with no object.

> And no, I have no current reason to believe that someone killed the cat,
> though the exact cause remains unknown.
> She had been missing and we found her on the side of the road.
>
> I may have been initially thinking with {HoH} and then changing to {Hegh}
> when I realized that was a better fit.
> Is {vIghro' HoHlu'} correct, then?

Maybe, but probably not in your situation. By using {HoH}, even with
{-lu'}, you're implying that the cat was killed. Not just that it
died, but that it was killed. If you don't want to make that
implication, then just say {Hegh vIghro'}.

-- ghunchu'wI'