[Tlhingan-hol] Heghmey

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 07:02:23 PST 2015

I was confused when I first read the initial message. What I eventually realized was that you seemed to be using {-lu’} when you intended to use {-pu’}. With that replacement, everything started to make sense.

It makes less sense with {-moHlu’}.

When there is confusion, it’s probably good to break out into English when discussing corrections. The cat died, right? There is no implication that someone killed the cat. {Heghpu’ vighro’}, right?

You were placing nouns in the subject position and then using {-lu’} on the verb, which means the subject is indefinite (Okrand’s term — It might be clearer to think of it as “unknown”). So, you can’t have a noun as a subject of a verb that has {-lu’} on it.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv