[Tlhingan-hol] Expressing gratitude

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 08:33:19 PST 2015

> Why would a Klingon *say* something to express gratitude?

if someone for instance saved him in batlle. Yes,indeed he could *do*
something to show his appreciation ; wouldn't he though have the slightest
to say,right after he had been saved from destruction ? on the other hand,
maybe him being saved would be considered a bad thing,since he would have
been deprived of a glorious death,but even so.. I find it hard to be
believe,that even within the context of the klingon philosophy, someone
wouldn't say anything.

> Having something written doesn’t make it true. Show us the authority of
the source.

in boQwI' in says right after the {tlho'} (verb) translation : ".. note
that while it is possible to say thank you (qatlho') in klingon,this is
something which klingons would not normally say.." then the following
sources are cited : TKDA, TNG - The mind's eye, KLI mailing list
2011.11.07   And it continues by saying "..in TNG - The mind's eye captain
jean luq picard said qatlho' to kell after the latter paid him a
compliment. kell responded with an odd look. At qep'a' loSDIch,MO explained
that he never intended qatlho' to mean thanks in the way english speakers
use that expression.."

cpt qunnoQ