[Tlhingan-hol] Expressing gratitude

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Nov 13 08:15:42 PST 2015

On 11/13/2015 10:53 AM, Will Martin wrote:
> It would help to know WHERE you read that Klingons don’t say, “Thank
> you.” I read somewhere that the world is flat. Having something written
> doesn’t make it true. Show us the authority of the source.

Conversational Klingon:

    Remember, the Klingon culture is a very direct one and most of the
    time the social niceties of Terrans are considered just superfluous.
    Unlike other peoples, Klingons do not use everyday expressions such
    as please, excuse me, thank you, and the like. In dealing with
    Klingons, just state your business: no more, and no less.

This is not to say that Klingons never thank anyone; it's just not an
"everyday expression."

http://trimboli.name