[Tlhingan-hol] KGT grammar

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 10:47:49 PST 2015

qunnoQ HoD:
> ..being on the subject though,I would like to ask where does "the
> grammarian's desk" stand in comparison to all this. what is its level of
> complexity ? when should someone study it ? after the KGT or before it ?

The Grammarian's Desk is not by Okrand, but rather by Captain Krankor.
It contains speculation about aspects of grammar which were unclear at
the time the HolQeD articles were published which were eventually
gathered into the book. Okrand has subsequently clarified some of
these points.

For a beginner, I would recommend not reading The Grammarian's Desk
until one has a very solid grasp of basic grammar. Otherwise, one
might get confused by what is good Klingon grammar, and what is
Krankor's opinion only which is possibly later contradicted by Okrand.