[Tlhingan-hol] rup

David Holt kenjutsuka at live.com
Thu Nov 12 09:14:59 PST 2015

ghItlh Quvar:

> As for Data, he is a very special case, that should not be discussed
> when talking about the use of these suffixes, that's just adiferent topic.

I should have known better than to bring him up.  My point was actually that no argument or discussion was necessary.  You choose the class that you think is right and I'll choose the class that I think is right.  If you disagree with me we can either fight over it or just ignore the difference and continue with what we were doing.  Discussing the clear distinctions here is an appropriate way to begin to teach the learners how to make such distinctions, but the gray areas are not a matter of language clarity, but rather of personal opinion and as such do not need to be worried about too closely.  I brought Data up as an example of how we CANNOT always be 100% certain and sometimes it is best just to pick one and move on.

janSIy