[Tlhingan-hol] A moment of clarity

ghunchu'wI' qunchuy at alcaco.net
Thu Nov 12 03:57:07 PST 2015

On Nov 12, 2015, at 3:37 AM, qunnoQ HoD <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> it is a wonderful translation indeed ; still in cannot fully convey the defiance of the original phrase.

So what is it about "molon lave" that carries the sense of defiance? Is it the choice of words, the specific grammar, the cultural association with that particular event, or what?

I suggest {tItlhap, peruch}.

> why {Separtanpu'} and not {Spartanpu'} ?

He's just avoiding a consonant cluster at the beginning of a syllable. I can't think of a case where we have EVER seen one of those in Klingon. It might be influenced by the gemstone {Separ}, or it might be coincidence.

-- ghunchu'wI'