[Tlhingan-hol] rup

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Wed Nov 11 05:40:03 PST 2015

Hmm, I'm uncertain what you mean by "<<tax>> isn't within brackets". Are you looking at a digital version of the book?

When two different definitions are given for a word, it's often to help avoid ambiguity. As you say, the English word "tax" is ambiguous, but the addition of "fine" makes it clear which meaning of the word is intended.

It would be very surprising if the Klingon word had the same ambiguity, so I'd advise you to stick to the "evil king" use of the word.