[Tlhingan-hol] Concerning the purpose clauses

DloraH seruq at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 10 10:36:36 PST 2015

(This message never came back to me through the email list.
Was the previous attempt successful for anyone else?
I'm sending it again, in case it failed for everyone.)

> 	you took away my shoes in order to delay me
> 	chomImmeH waqmeywIj Dange'
>

> If someone has their issues of HolQeD handy, I have a note in
> my dictionary about volume 8, number 4, page 11 relating to
> the verb {mIm}. I apparently interpreted that to mean the
> verb did not take an object. Until I can read that passage,
> however, I can't see a reason to correct this one.

The page is giving the Klingon from ST V.

tlh'a' HoD, nIm-buS wej yI-ghoS.  vub-pu' jon-ta' HeS-wI'.  wa' vub ghaH tlhI-ngan ghar-wI'-'e'.
wa' ghaH te-ra'-ngan-'e'.  mIm-Qo'.  DaH He-raj yI-choH.  batlh tlhI-ngan Segh yI-Hub.  Qap-la'.

"Captain Klaa, proceed to Nimbus III.  A criminal has succeeded in taking hostages.  One hostage is
a Klingon diplomat.  One is a Terran.  One is a Romulan.  Do not delay.  Alter your course now.
Defend the Klingon race with honor.  Success."

(The Klingon did not include any mention of the Romulan hostage.)

- DloraH