[Tlhingan-hol] How many grammarians ?

Rohan Fenwick qeslagh at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 9 05:45:05 PST 2015

ghItlhpu' Anthony, jatlh:
> Have there been any examples where two people (in writing, or in
> talking) have had to communicate in Klingon because it was the only
> language which both knew well?

jang SuStel, jatlh:
> I've wished for this for a long time, but I don't think it's ever
> happened. Even though there are other language editions of The Klingon
> Dictionary, and there is a German mailing list, it's virtually a
> requirement to speak English to learn Klingon.

chaq pImbogh wa' nuv tu'lu': chaDQI' 'oH pongDaj'e'. nIpon Dab. QInmeyDajDaq DIvI' Hol mu'mey'e' rut lo', 'ach KLI QIn tetlhvaD QummeH not DIvI' Hol lo' ghaH. chaq tlhIngan Hol qeq 'e' maS. chaq DIvI' Hol'e' po'qu'be'. jISovbe' jIH. 'ach jISaHbe' je jIH, tlhIngan Hol jatlhlaHqu'ba'mo' chaDQI'. vaj juquvmoH, chaDQI', 'ej naDev bIjeSmo' mabelbej.

One potential exception may be chaDQI', who is Japanese and from their emails clearly speaks some English, but hasn't ever corresponded with the list in English. Whether this is because chaDQI' prefers to practise Klingon on the one hand, or doesn't have such good English on the other, I don't know, but either way we are honoured to have chaDQI' with us.

QeS 'utlh