[Tlhingan-hol] Concerning the purpose clauses

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 02:57:32 PST 2015

I was reading the purpose clauses and the following questions came
up,making me feel like a bird of prey lost in a nebula..

1. lets consider the following example :

ja'chuqmeH rojHom neH jagh la'  The enemy commander wishes a truce (in
order) to confer.

why do we say {ja'chuqmeH rojHom neH jagh la'} instead of {rojHom
ja'chuqmeH neH jagh la'} ?

2. jagh luHoHmeH jagh lunejtaH They are searching for the enemy in order to
kill him/her.

could we say {jagh luHoHtaHmeH jagh lunejtaH} meaning <<they are searching
for the enemy,for the purpose of killing him>> ?

3. the definition of a purpose clause is verb plus {-meH},or verb plus
{-meH} plus noun,or noun plus verb plus {-meH} ?

HQ 7.3, p.6, Sept. 1998 (as i read in boQwI') would certainly come in handy
right now.. Just to think that there is a HolQeD article explaining all
this -an article I cannot have- makes feel like a dog whose food is placed
just where its leash ends !

cpt qunnoQ