[Tlhingan-hol] tlhlIngan veS qeS

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 05:37:50 PST 2015

{-taHvIS} is a special combination of verb suffixes. You never see {-vIS} without {-taH} in front of it. You might as well think of the two together as being a single suffix.

Together, they mean "while". In other words, the dependent clause gives you both a time stamp and duration for the action of the main verb of the sentence.

qaloStaHvIS paqwIj vIlaD.

Sent from my iPad
lojmIt tI'wI' nuv