[Tlhingan-hol] tlhlIngan veS qeS

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 03:07:21 PST 2015

> I still don't see {-vIS} represented in your English sentence

hmm.. interesting.. I now realize a mistake I have been (unconsciously)
doing ; whenever I came across two suffixes together (one following the
other), I thought that I could "summarize" their meaning as I understood
it. I didn't realize that in the translation, I would have to actually
translate them both in English. So, when I read {Dalo'taHvIS} I thought
that the {-taH} was the important part,and that the {-vIS} could be
"assumed" from the translation I was about to give. Anyway, thank you for
bringing this mistake I have been doing to my attention ! I will definitely
try to improve !

now that I think of it,what actually happens with me,is what was happening
with a dog I had way back.. whenever I went to feed it, it was so happy
that it would eat,so that it would jump on me and spill down its food.
I'm so happy that I find the translation (or at least thinking that I found
it),that I do not take the time to check that I didn't forget something
(such a suffix,as was clearly the case). I really need to be more careful
in the future.

> I believe the simple sentences at the top, which you once wrote in
English, may actually be within your abilities in Klingon, so I was trying
to encourage you to write them in Klingon.
ok,you lost me here.. which sentences are you referring too ?

cpt qunnoQ