[Tlhingan-hol] Puns!

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv 'utlh lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 18:31:02 PST 2015

I’m finally updating my personal lexicon. It occurs to me that perhaps...:

vev - insert, put in

In Wordstar, one of the earliest word processor programs, the commands all used the Control key followed by a letter from a word in a menu. Usually, it was the first letter, like “C” in “Copy”, but in this case “moVe” was the command to paste from what would later be called the clipboard, though that term had not been invented yet for this function. The reason that MS Word and Windows use Control V for paste is that Bill Gates used to use WordStar. Steve Jobs used it, too, so Command-V does the same function in Mac OS X.

It would be fitting for that early meme to make its way into a 23rd century alien reality...

lojmIt tI’wI’ nuv ‘utlh
Door Repair Guy, Retired Honorably