[Tlhingan-hol] roj

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv 'utlh lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 12:18:02 PST 2015

It’s easy to create beliefs, even when there is no evidence to prove it. You can do that until you are speaking a dialect that only you can understand.

Likely, Klingon is one of the few languages that a lot of people learn to speak without having anyone specific that the student actually intends to talk to using the language, so I can see this as even a goal for some people; certainly nothing to avoid, especially if you have a mailing list that offers you the fantasy of convincing everyone else to speak your personal dialect, making you a leader among men in a life that might not otherwise provide you with that opportunity.

Meanwhile, consider the word {chen}. It’s a verb meaning “build up, take form”. You could decide to believe that “build up” works for “he built up a wall,” so in your mind {chen} can definitely take a direct object. Meanwhile, in canon, every single use of it with a direct object takes the form {chenmoH}, suggesting that {chen} actually does not take an object.

While it may be true that perhaps {Hegh quv Hegh HoD} could mean “The captain died an honorable death,” you could just as easily have said {batlh Hegh HoD} to convey the same meaning, and likely you’d be understood by more people with less confusion or challenge.

You’ve presented an argument. Many have responded suggesting that you are very likely incorrect. You don’t seem to be accepting any of this, but instead restate your original suggestion, repeatedly, without producing any additional evidence or argument to make your point stronger.

I’m just pointing this out, just in case you haven’t noticed.

I’ve done this far to many times, myself. Eventually I’ve regretted it. It leaves me with a yearning to spare you that regret, even if I suspect the effort is futile.

lojmIt tI’wI’ nuv ‘utlh
Door Repair Guy, Retired Honorably