[Tlhingan-hol] tlhlIngan veS qeS

David Holt kenjutsuka at live.com
Sat Nov 7 05:32:41 PST 2015

ghItlh De'vID:
> The word {mu'tlheghmeyvetlh} "these sentences" are referring to "ok, I
> understand now. thank you!" which you wrote above. Keep that in mind
> and give it another try.

I'm going to add a little more, because it seems that there were a few other challenges.

qunnoQ HoD:

janSIy:
>>> tlhIngan Hol Dalo'taHvIS mu'tlheghmeyvetlh DajatlhlaH 'e' vIHar.

qunnoQ HoD:
>> i didn't quite understand the translation of this.. <<in the klingon
>> language you need saying that the sentences are able to believe>> ???

My favorite way to break down long sentences is to identify each verb, then identify the subject and object of each verb, then identify any additional words affecting those verbs.  My sentence has three verbs: lo' jatlh Har, thus, three phrases or clauses.  And, fortunately, I have kept it simple and included only subjects and objects and no additional words.
Look carefully at the first verb: {Dalo'taHvIS}.  Check the prefixes and suffixes.  If either the subject or the object are third person, then look for a stated noun.
For the second verb: {DajatlhlaH}.  Again, check the prefixes and suffixes and look for stated subjects or objects.
And for the third, I'm going to give away the object, because I know {'e'} can be confusing at first.  {'e'} is the object of {vIHar} and refers to the preceding sentence as a whole.  Now, what/who is the subject - check your prefix again.
Once you've figured out the three phrases separately, can you figure out what it means as a whole?

janSIy