[Tlhingan-hol] Training

DloraH seruq at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 6 16:41:54 PST 2015

> > I would translate, "I must go for training" as

> I think "go for training" usually does not connote actual travel, at
> least in my local dialect of English. It typically means
> something like
> "begin an official training course."
>
> As qunnoQ HoD is not a native speaker of English, I can't be sure
> whether he means this colloquially or not.
>
> --
> SuStel

I will often question/correct my wife when she speaks like this.
We are already in the kitchen, and she will say, "Go eat."  I tell her, "We are already here, the
food is here... why would I /GO/?"
Or, she is in the kitchen, standing next to the food, and tells the kids, "Go eat."  I tell her, it
would be /COME/, not /GO/.
(And English is her first language.)

- DloraH