[Tlhingan-hol] Training

qov at kli.org qov at kli.org
Fri Nov 6 07:57:49 PST 2015

I would translate, “I must go for training” as

jIqeqmeH jImejnIS. – if it were military drills, sports practice, or the like, and the purpose of my sentence was to tell someone I can’t stay, because I have a training appointment.

jIghojmeH jIlengnIS – if it were professional training or first aid or something, and I was telling someone I wasn’t going to get the training where I was, but somewhere else.

jIghojnIS – if the emphasis is on the fact that I need to learn something, and not that I have to go somewhere.

vIraS vIghoS. pa’ vu’wI’ paQDI’norgh vIHaD. – I’m going to France. There I will study manager’s teachings.  (Why you’d go to France for managerial training is another question).

When you’re looking for a Klingon word that translates an English meaning, be sure to think about the MEANING you want translated and not seize on a Klingon word that happens to  be translated with one of the English words that expresses the meaning.

- Qov

(tlhetlhlI’ lut’a’wIj. wa’netlh wejSaD vaghmaH jav mu’ vIqonta’)