[Tlhingan-hol] Ordinal numbers

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Nov 6 06:27:33 PST 2015

On 11/6/2015 1:55 AM, Anthony Appleyard wrote:
> If /N/ is a number, /N/Dich means "Nth". Thus, {loD wejDich} means "the
> 3rd man". That puts /N/Dich in the place of an adjective. And a Klingon
> adjective is a special use of some intransitive verbs, e.g. {targh pI'}
> = the fat targ; {pI' targh} = the targ is fat. Does that allow e.g.
> {jIwejDich} = "I am 3rd", as if {wejDich} was fully an adjective?

No. In Klingon ordinals may modify nouns, but that doesn't make them
verbs. Klingon doesn't have adjectives; it only has verbs, nouns, or
leftovers that modify nouns.

wejDIch jIH
I am third

P.S.: When beginning a new topic, I recommend that you not reply to some
other topic and delete the text. For those of us who use threaded mail
clients, including the mailing list archives, I believe, such replies
remain embedded in the previous thread. Instead, start a new message.

http://trimboli.name