[Tlhingan-hol] wovmoHbogh jan

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Thu Nov 5 21:24:02 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 1:54 PM, qunnoQ HoD <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought too,that {wovmoHbogh jan} is a word made of more words,but still I
> thought it would be it in KLI's list,because there are there other compound
> words too.

{wovmoHbogh jan} isn't a word. It's a phrase that means exactly what
the parts mean. There's no reason to give it a special vocabulary
entry of its own.

Other "compound words" such as {tlhach mu'mey} and {Hut'In vIl} are
listed because they have meanings that go beyond a literal translation
of the parts. You can call a screw a "ridgy nail" if you like, but
that doesn't quite explain what it really is the way the English word
"screw" does.

-- ghunchu'wI'