[Tlhingan-hol] The sleeping dog

Rohan Fenwick qeslagh at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 5 06:11:24 PST 2015

ghItlhpu' qunnoQ, jatlh:
> {ngugh,ghab tun gho tut,HaDIbaH,vIchuH 'ej toD'egh} then i threw the sausage
> at the dog and i saved myself.

Watch your spelling: the word for "meat" is {Ha'DIbaH}, with the qaghwI' (apostrophe) at the end of the first syllable.

jang De'vID, jatlh:
> I think once you have established {ghab tun gho tut}, you can refer to
> it later in that context as simply {tut} if it is unambiguous. But
> that's a matter of style.

Agreed, though stylistically I'd have referred to it rather as {Ha'DIbaH} from there on out. In this context the fact that it's a chunk of meat is probably more important to the narrative than the fact that it's columnar in shape.

qunnoQ, lutlIj DaQIjtaHvIS vIyajlaH je jIH. majQa'!

QeS 'utlh