[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon gestures (was Re: New word from MO: {jIr} (excl) "Big deal!")

Michael Roney, Jr. nahqun at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 06:56:58 PST 2015

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 8:47 AM, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Correct. That's exactly what this gesture signifies in North American
> body language:
> http://en.wikademia.org/Archive:Types_of_gestures#Whoop-Dee-Doo

It would be nice, especially after reading through that list on Wikademia.

We do have a few though:

Hitting someone with the back of your hand challenges them to a fight to
the death.
Pointing your pinky at someone is calling them old.
Pointing your second toe at someone is claiming that they are weak.
Saluting
Crossing one's arms over one's chest. We've seen this both during the
discommendation ceremony, and later as a stand alone insult.

Have I missed any?

~naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.