[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Affix of the Day: -chuq

Michael Roney, Jr. nahqun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 18:47:57 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 9:37 PM, Karen Alessio <karenalessio at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sorry if I am out of line for suggesting this, but I was just thinking
that it would be extremely help for beginners (well, for me anyway) to see
words/affixes of the day used in an example sentence.  it would sort of
make learning easier and less daunting. Sort of to give it more context,
and aid in memorizing all the vocab.
> If that's not ok, don't worry.
> Thanks!

These are the notes I have on {-chuq}:

This suffix is used only with plural subjects. It is translated "each
other" or "one another". The prefix set indicating ''no object'' is also
used when this suffix is used.
 ∆ maqIpchuq we hit each other
 ∆ SuqIpchuq you (plural) hit each other
∆ qIpchuq they hit each other