[Tlhingan-hol] The sleeping dog

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 06:59:10 PST 2015

i thought of writing this silly story,for the purpose of practice.
please,do correct me..

{povam,HoD pa'Daq jIQongtaH} <<this morning i was sleeping at my ready
room>>
i wanted to say ready room but i couldn't find a verb for "to be ready". i
wrote {HoD pa'Daq} to follow the rule of possessor-possessed.

{ram HaSta muvemmoH. ghIj ram HaSta 'oH} <<a dream woke me up. it was a
scary dream>>
i didn't find dream as a noun,so i went with ram HaSta <<night display>>.
because i didn't find nightmare either,i just wrote a scary night display.

{vemDI' HaDIbaH vIlegh} <<when i woke i saw my dog>>

{Doylchlanngan,HaDIbaHmey DevwI',Ha'DIbaH 'oH} <<it is a german shepherd
dog>>
since i didn't find "shepherd" i went with HaDIbaHmey DevwI' (animals'
leader). I also wondered about the double n's at {Doylchlanngan} and
whether i should write the {Ha'DIbaH} before the {'oH}.

{yoy QongtaH 'ej Dogh mIllogh 'oH} <<it was sleeping upside down and it was
a silly picture>>

{ngugh chor vIqotlh, 'ach vem HaDIbaH} <<then i tickled its belly,however
the dog woke>>

qaStaH nuq Qub jay'<<it thought what the f*** is happening ?>>

{QeHbej 'oH, 'ej mutlha'choH} <<undoubtebly it was pissed,and it started to
chase me>>
I didn't find a verb for "to be pissed" so i just chose angry.

{Do',ghab tun gho tut,vItu'.meHDaq} <<luckily i found a sausage. in the
bridge>>
I didn't find a word for sausage,so i went with "cylindric meat from
midsection of the animal with no bones". I also wondered whether if i could
write {Do' meHDaq ghab tun gho tut,vItu'} for <<luckily in the bridge i
found a sausage>>

{ngugh,ghab tun gho tut,HaDIbaH,vIchuH 'ej toD'egh} then i threw the
sausage at the dog and i saved myself.

qunnoQ HoD