[Tlhingan-hol] Significance of constructed languages

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 06:45:46 PST 2015

> Technically, you COULD use {-ghach} on a bare verb, but you’d really only
do it as a joke or some other intentionally ungrammatical construction, to
call attention to the word in some oddly special way. Nobody does it in
normal conversation. It ain’t no citified way to speak proper Klingon.

ok, I understand. thank you.

and now I will try to translate the Klingon sentences, that I failed
yesterday to translate. the idea came to me,that since klingon is written
backwards (OVS),then to translate it I have to go/think in the same
opposite direction. (I don't know if this makes sense). anyway the
translation came out as follows.

> yIHon'eghQo'
don't doubt yourself

> DIp DachenmoH 'e' DaHechchugh, {-bogh} yIlIjQo'
don't forget the {-bogh},if you intend to mean that the noun is constructed

> qechlIj vIyajchu' 'ach qechvam 'oSbe' mu'tlheghlIj.
i undestand your idea clearly,nevertheless your sentence does not represent
this idea

> nuqDaq nuqem?
where do they bring us ?

> {nughomchoHmoH} qoj {nuyIrchoHmoH} 'e' DaHechba'.
did you intend <<they make us meet>> or <<they make us gather>> ?

> mu'tlheghmey naQ bIHbe'. Dach wot'a'.
the whole sentences are not. the verb is absent however

> ngIq Hol chenmoHlu'bogh
each language which they created

> HIja'. majQa'. pab qellu'DI' loQ bIQagh 'ach qechmeylIj vIyajchu'.
yes. well done. although you slightly you mistook the grammar i understood
them perfectly.