[Tlhingan-hol] paq'batlh text for Bing

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Thu Mar 19 15:05:19 PDT 2015

> Remember one other thing: Bing claims to be programmed in cooperation
> with the Klingon language Institute. Anyone who finds out what crap it
> is wonders about the quality of the KLI as well. :-(

Well, it's not really crap, though, relatively speaking. It's the best of its kind, but owing to the size of the bilingual corpus, "the best" is still not good enough for accurate translation.

I'm sure anybody who researches it enough to know that it's produced in cooperation with the KLI and that it's highly inaccurate will be clever enough to realize that getting it to produce accurate translations is no trivial task.