[Tlhingan-hol] I found a mistake in one of the new Klingon words

André Müller esperantist at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 09:32:09 PDT 2015

I think it's not a mistake. We know that {DIr} can also refer to an
animal's hide, or a piece of cloth made out of a hide, {DIrmey} refers to
skins used for clothing. And in {QaDmoHwI' DIr} the first part doesn't
necessarily have to be the possessor, it can also be a modifier. So I'd
interprete the word, very literally translated, as a "dry-maker skin".
Perhaps this tells us that Klingon towels are indeed made of animal skin,
perhaps with the hairs still attached.

- André