[Tlhingan-hol] Windows 8 and pIqaD fonts- solution to problem

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Wed Mar 11 13:10:20 PDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 3:59 PM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> On 3/11/2015 3:46 PM, qurgh lungqIj wrote:
>

>>    (QInlIjDaq pIqaD vIleghlaH.)
>>
>> I don't believe the mailing list is changing anything, but you can send
>> me a message off-list to test it.
>>

> Well, this one is going to you, me, and the list.
>
> Note that while my own message appears to me to have unreadable pIqaD,
> yours has readable pIqaD in both your message and my message which you
> quote. I also can't read the pIqaD I'm entering, although I haven't tried
> too hard to get that to work.
>
> 

That worked for me. I can see the pIqaD in the copy of your message that
didn't go through the mailing list.  

When I enter pIqaD into GMail using Chrome, I can see the pIqaD I'm typing.
This works for new messages, including in the Subject line. However, Chrome
does not show pIqaD in the URL bar. It also didn't show Japanese when I
searched for a word earlier, so I think that's a browser issue more so than
a font issue.

If you want to see what you're typing, try going to
http://hol.kag.org/page/process and typing into the text box. It's setup to
use a pIqaD webfont, so it should display correctly even if you were to use
a system without any pIqaD fonts install. You should then be able to
cut/paste into an email (although the email client still might not show
it). You can also click on "Analyze Text" and it should show the text as
links that will analyze each word. I sometimes use it as a poor-man's
spell-checker.

qurgh