[Tlhingan-hol] using adverbials or {-qu'} with comparison?

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Fri Mar 6 07:53:04 PST 2015

We know that these expressions can work with subordinate clauses (tlhutlhmeH HIq ngeb qaq law' bIQ qaq puS), as well as locatives and topics (qIbDaq SuvwI''e' SoH Dun law' Hoch Dun puS).
This could be taken as a suggestion that adverbials would also be okay, but it's certainly no guarantee.

{poH law' natlh Qu'vam. poHvetlh wIghajbe'.}

I'm a bit skeptical towards using <poH natlh> and <poH ghaj>; both strike me as a bit English:y.
That being said, I can't claim to have a better alternative.
I'm drawn to say <poH vIlI'moHlaHbogh> ("time which I can make useful"), but that is of course every bit as speculative as the alternatives.

In any case, though, I'd like to remind you of the two words <'Iq> ("be too much") and <yap> ("be sufficient"), which may be useful for this particular case.