[Tlhingan-hol] using adverbials or {-qu'} with comparison?

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Fri Mar 6 07:08:09 PST 2015

Am 06.03.2015 um 15:41 schrieb De'vID:
> Can someone remind me whether it's possible to use an adverbial with a
> comparison? Or attach {-qu'} to {law'/puS}?
>
> If I wanted to express "the time to do this mission is much more than
> the time we have", would it be:
> tlhoy Qu' poH nI' law' poH wIghajbogh nI' puS.
> Qu' poH nI' law'qu' poH wIghajbogh nI' puSqu'.
>
> Or something else?

"more" is not a usual sort of quality, I can't answer your grammar
wuestion directly, but if you like to avoid it, you could make two phrases:

"the time to do this mission is much more than the time we have"

{poH law' natlh Qu'vam. poHvetlh wIghajbe'.}

or combine these:
{poH'e' wIghajbe'bogh poQ Qu'vam}

But why do you want to use {qu'} anyway?

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh