[Tlhingan-hol] Hints and tips

John R. Harness cartweel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 00:26:42 PST 2015

Thank you, qunnoQ HoD, for sharing more of your ideas as a beginner!

Definitely I think that making Klingon a part of your every-day life is
absolutely key. I learned how to count by making a commitment to counting
in Klingon every day while I walked to work! First I just did 1-10 over and
over again, and then I just counted as high as I could go!

As far as the verb and noun suffixes, in my humble opinion those are the
absolute most important part of the language for beginners to learn
backwards-and-forwards FIRST. This is both because of what you say -- that
it gives you the skills to express a lot of ideas in Klingon that you might
otherwise have trouble finding a single word for -- and also because it
helps *greatly* in being able to recognize what you are looking at or
hearing and beginning to be able to quickly parse out what part of a
sentence you are encountering, what is the beginning and the end of the
root, boundaries between words, etc. All of which is absolutely essential.

'arHa
Beginner's Grammarian